Run for Reggie



How many of us are touched by Cancer? Personally, I have lost six family members to its relentless grasp, had a personal scare of my own which makes me associate birthdays with mamograms, and feel a kinship with those who are braving Cancer.

A member of my husband's Buffalo Wild Wings team is battling stage three lung cancer and we are committed to helping him and his family. Paul has never been witness to the positive power of the social networking I believe runs rampant on sites like Twitter and Facebook so when he asked me to seek help, I told him I would go to my team (YOU, my network of fine folks) to make a difference.

Reggie Foster, father of two and active member of his church, is undergoing treatment for lung cancer his hometown of Owensboro, KY. His coworkers of the Buffalo Wild Wings team have committed themselves wholeheartedly to helping to raise 40K for Reggie & his family to defray the cost of cancer care. The BWW Running Team is lead by Directors of Operations, Peter Tomkins and Dale Gallion. My husband Paul, a Regional Manager, several other team members, family members and spouses are taking part in BWW's sponsored Run For Reggie on April 25th at Nashville's Country Music Marathon. Reggie's status and BWW's Reggie Foster Fund updates can be found at runforreggie.blogspot.com.

How can you help? Believe me, we feel the palpable economic crunch like everyone else. But Cancer doesn't have a recession. Treatments, bills, procedures continue and EVERY little bit we muster for Reggie counts.Perhaps your contribution will be a prayer for this man of great faith, a donation to the Reggie Foster Fund, or your pledge per mile or participation in one of the events in Nashville's Marathon this April. Please consider what you might do to help Reggie & his family. No one can do everything; Everyone can do something. We, the friends, family, BWW's coworkers of Reggie, sincerely appreciate your support.

Thanks for your time and support!

Please email us at runforreggie@gmail.com to make your contribution or mail your donation:

Buffalo Wild Wings
7714 Montgomery Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236
ATTN: Michelle Gould.
Please make checks out to: The Reggie Foster Fund.

Leigh Caraccioli
@fleurdeleigh

3 comments:

March 20, 2009 at 10:16 AM jana said...

I am touched by this story. Thank you for posting; I don't know why I haven't landed here before now, but here, and your website, both places filled me just a bit more than I was this morning...the grace of it.

thanks and warmth to you and to Reggie and family,

jana

April 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM Leigh said...

What a very kind thing for you to say Jana. I appreciate your taking the time to comment on the blog. THAT made my day. And we are hoping with the biggest hope for Reggie and his family!

April 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM Leigh said...

Mr. Andy Swingley (in twitter speak @aswingley)

You kind man have some serious good karma coming your way with your $50 contribution to Reggie & his family.

YOU are awesome. Thank you. Thank you.

Post a Comment