Twitter, Make me Privy

The Twitter Kings have spoken. Our communications are snuffed. I don't get snuffed quietly!

In response to yesterday's Twitter changes which fundamentally alter the flow of communication on a site I love, I feel deserted on an island. On an Island with tons of other outraged Twitterers who are tweeting their opinions through #fixreplies In yesterdays post @biz explains the changes:

Based on usage patterns and feedback, we've learned most people want to see when someone they follow replies to another person they follow—it's a good way to stay in the loop. However, receiving one-sided fragments via replies sent to folks you don't follow in your timeline is undesirable. Today's update removes this undesirable and confusing option. (Full blog here.)

How the Twitterverse runs is frankly too confusing for me to understand. I'm blond, one-brained, and tech-challenged. But my mantra is simplicity: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. (My English professors just disowned me) After a little bit of research, I feel the folks at Twitter world headquarters have "fixed" the unbroken. How Facebook of them!

Ultimately, I want to know how the changes affect how I use Twitter for social networking. How the exchange of @replies has been effected can be found in Andrew Lewin's insightful article, Twitter told to #fixreplies!

I write this article, because I believe change can happen here reverting us back to the Twitter where I get to see my conversations fully and the conversations of others acurrately. But change takes a movement of positive force. Let's do this...together.

Say it with me. Twitter: MAKE ME PRIVY!

Leigh

0 comments:

Post a Comment