10 more characters bigger than 140

All kidding aside, I love Friday's on Twitter. The ego in me remembers the very first #followfriday mention and has relished every single one after. The giver in me wants you extend that feeling to these brilliant people.

I follow many, many incredible people, over 6,000 of them. My goal is to get to know and to connect with all of them. In the meantime, let me introduce you to these remarkable tweeple, whose personality cannot be confined to 140 characters, ever!




@KimSherrell
Bio: producer/director of a new comedy project. i tweet about art, design, film, music, video, tech, culture + twitter … current projects: #artwalk #bob #casting :::
My take: She exudes positive energy, brilliance and levity the moment she pops up on the tweet stream. She's a giant.




@kyleplacy
Kyle Lacy
Bio: A socially creative Indianapolis resident.
My take: Kyle is deliberate, honest, and can dish out some very cool business acumen. I can always count on Kyle to tell it like it is.




@dannybrown
Bio: Join me for the 12for12k Challenge - social media for good. Ask me for information or visit http://12for12k.org
My take: Clearly committed to giving, Danny is
also the founder of the 12for12k Challenge, a unique charity project using social media to change the lives of millions in 2009. More than that is a character that cares and dares to act.



@MissIve
Jen
Bio: Shenanigans for Hire
My take: Chances are if you're following me, you already know that she is my big girl playmate. I call her throwback ballsy. Her writing in her blog is daring, wickedly fun, and fresh. She has captured me and made me part of the Looking Glass Lane collaboration adventure.





@r27
Rajesh Pancholi
Bio: R27.CREATIVELAB | Design & Visual Communications | Design for Print, Web & Identity | Creative Guns For Hire | Blog: http://r27creativelab.blogspot.com
My take: Hands down THE most genuinely helpful creative I have met on Twitter. I am most indebted to him although he'd disagree. Gentlemanly yet a rascal. Must follow.



@styletime
Roger Byrne
Bio: Social Media and Design, sharing inspiration, originally from England now in Egypt! Work with the cool Envato crew!
My take: If you want buckets of social media digestible info along side cool edgy wit, follow him. He's a earnest vanguard on Twitter.




@mayhemstudios
Calvin Lee
Bio: Self-Proclaimed Media Ho, Designer Guy and Twitter Addict. In his spare time, Stunt Doubles for the Hulk and a really Nice Guy! You can even ask Chris Brogan.
My take: I wish I sat next to Calvin in high school a) because he would know everything, b) because he would help me know everything c) because you know he is ready to throw spit balls as needed. Awesome fella whom I get to take photos of in Vegas next week!!




@LaBarceloneta
Claire Jackson
Bio: Hispanic. Transgendered. Artistic. Liberal. Lesbian. Fond of verbal evisceration. Surprisingly chipper.
My take: Based on the bio, real comes to mind. She is a charming conversationalist and has bitingly funny approach to life.




@smashadv
Jim Mitchem
Bio: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. (father/copywriter/ceo/married to @tinamitchem)
My take: His clever intuitive writing grabs me and his playful humor keeps me.




@SarahRobinson
Bio:
Chief Hooligan for #tweepletuesday. Playing Big, supporting, motivating, writing, speaking, online biz owners who are great moms, wife, mom.
My take: She has southern charm and girl-next-door qualities that make you want to sit on the veranda drinking sweet tea planning your future business endeavors. (I also have the pleasure of photographing this Twitter butterfly next week.)


5 comments:

May 29, 2009 at 5:07 AM Danny Brown said...

Hey there Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to introduce people beyond just a name and number. It's always nice to see why you are connected with someone.

And thank you for introducing me to a couple of people I wasn't aware of - I look forward to getting to know them if you say I should. :)

Happy Friday, and pleasure to know you!

May 29, 2009 at 9:16 AM Mahdi Gharavi said...

Now that's how #followfriday should be done. Thanks much for this post!

May 29, 2009 at 10:47 AM Birdsallhead said...

What a very sweet #followfriday. I follow many of these peeps, and fully agree. Now I have a few more to add to my list :-) Thanks for the post!

June 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM Miss Ive said...

Leigh,

Can't believe it's taken me this long to get over here. I read this from my CrackPhone Friday and was so seriously honored.

I miss you, girlie. So wish I could come with ya this weekend and raise a ruckus.

Have a great time and again, thank YOU.

Jen/@MissIve

June 12, 2009 at 6:27 AM Anonymous said...

Thank you Leigh - I'm honored/humbled to be included on your list.

Post a Comment